Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Friday, October 13, 2006

accountability time

All right ladies, time for some accountability, done in love. I know you are all very busy girls. So are Di and Rhonda. Yet Di and Rhonda make time each week to spend HOURS studying and on the week we write the Bible Study lesson, we spend another couple of hours writing. We make time because what God wants to do is important. I know you are busy, but are you too busy for this week's assignment, which was to type what is acting as an idol in your life? That could be as little as ONE WORD. Come on girls, you are going to get out of this what you put into it, so take some time today, or this weekend, and read the lesson posted on Monday (if you haven't yet) and type (as little as one word) what is an idol in your life right now. THEN follow it up with the sentence "but this does not satisfy me." If you are really pressed for time, you could even copy and paste that sentence. EVERYONE PARTICIPATES! Let's go girls!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Hmmmm anything we try to put in a place where God belongs is an idol.... That is a powerful sentence. Right now I would have to say business. I know that sounds funny but it is. I have the hardest time just sitting. Its not always because I am busy I just have a hard time sitting and slowing down. I need to prioritize my schedule. Right now I started a project of sorting out legos. Why? Its not like I need to do that right now but I started it and now I have to finish it. Im also training for a big marathon Nov. 5th and I have to do my training first thing every morning. I keep myself so occupied with other things that I dont spend the time I need to get filled up. Yes this Bible Study makes me accountable but I would have to say that right now my idol is business and I need to slow down and spend quality time with God. So hold me accountable ladies.
Rhonda

10:24 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

To Malissa,
Yes vulnerability isnt it grand. We are with you, walking through this together.
Rhonda

10:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel Gouras said...

I have thought long about this one and i honestly think i could live with very little. Only right now have we had so much. So this sounds corny, even to me, but Coffee is huge for me. That would make each day a little harder if it were gone!
Rachel

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home