Canyon Creek Chicks: accountability time
Canyon Creek Chicks: accountability time
Hello Ladies,
I just returned from my family vacation, I'm so thankful that I asked for prayer before I left. I won't go into all that happened there, I just know God had me there for a reason.
In Mexico I saw many people trying to fill their lives with fun, pleasure....what ever you want to call it- I believe in vacations don't get me wrong! I enjoy them myself and I thank God that He provides the means to give us time away to relax & reflect on His creation. But I saw people that were not satisfied- they kept looking for a better "party". It reminds me of the lesson on being satisfied with Jesus in my life. I struggle with being too busy to take the time to adore Him for who He is. I know in my heart He provides all I have but I get busy thinking I have to "make it happen"- calling it work! But in reality- God is my provider, He gives me what I have. It's very simple really but I make it complicated. It comes back to my struggles with my "time" & "money". Notice I said my time & my money? Really it all belongs to God and He gives & He takes away. I cannot find my happiness in what He gives me- I must continue to seek Him because "things" and even time will never really satisfy. Isaiah 44:20 - "He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, ' Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?' I must not let my deluded heart mislead me- Only the Work of God in my life will truly satisfy me. So I continue on this path- blessings & peace to you all.
Hello Ladies,
I just returned from my family vacation, I'm so thankful that I asked for prayer before I left. I won't go into all that happened there, I just know God had me there for a reason.
In Mexico I saw many people trying to fill their lives with fun, pleasure....what ever you want to call it- I believe in vacations don't get me wrong! I enjoy them myself and I thank God that He provides the means to give us time away to relax & reflect on His creation. But I saw people that were not satisfied- they kept looking for a better "party". It reminds me of the lesson on being satisfied with Jesus in my life. I struggle with being too busy to take the time to adore Him for who He is. I know in my heart He provides all I have but I get busy thinking I have to "make it happen"- calling it work! But in reality- God is my provider, He gives me what I have. It's very simple really but I make it complicated. It comes back to my struggles with my "time" & "money". Notice I said my time & my money? Really it all belongs to God and He gives & He takes away. I cannot find my happiness in what He gives me- I must continue to seek Him because "things" and even time will never really satisfy. Isaiah 44:20 - "He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, ' Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?' I must not let my deluded heart mislead me- Only the Work of God in my life will truly satisfy me. So I continue on this path- blessings & peace to you all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home