Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Canyon Creek Chicks: Enslaved to what you despise

Canyon Creek Chicks: Enslaved to what you despise

Thank you Di and Rhonda for another great week of Bible study.

I have had a convicting week regarding the power of unforgiveness. When I don't forgive, I become enslaved to the very sin I hate. I have a Christian sister who is jealous and hurtful to me whenever I have contact with her. I realized this week that I am no better, BECAUSE, I have allowed a "righteous" indignation and anger to seep into my heart. I put quotes on the "righteous" because it's not at all a righteous anger. It's pride! Oh, how my perception can be tainted and full of lies. I thought I had forgiven her and loved her. But she keeps hurting me over and over. I realize that I need to speak out loud God's love for her and bless her and keep forgiving her over and over.

Now I'm not proud of this. I'm confessing this sin to you, because I think God wants me to humble myself before my Bible study ladies. It is very humbling to admit that in my most inner being, I have become like her. The moral of this lesson for me is, I can not afford pride, arrogance, and unforgiveness to become a leach in my life and enslave me.

Freedom comes in the form of forgiveness, humility, honesty, and love. As a Christian, I realize that our call is to love the unlovely, hurtful, and wicked. We really have not been tested in our walk until we learn the power of forgiveness through the Holy Spirit.

Thank you God for your forgiveness to me. Unworthy to be his child, but grace and mercy are mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Becky I sooo know what yo are going through. You are not alone. A couple of years ago I was going through this very same thing. God has changed my heart and taught me some very tough lessons through it all. We are not perfect by any means and like it says in the book, the enemy is not stupid (my words of course) he knows our weakness and this was mine. Recognizing it is the big part of teh puzzle. I will be praying for you. Im glad you shared!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home