Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

final comments

Are we having fun yet? I have been waiting to post something when the kids are gone to school but yet again today there is no school. I enjoy having them home but I have a hard time focusing when they are at home. Could it be all the interruptions? ha ha I have a hard time focusing anyway.

Thanks Di for sharing from your heart. You truly were lead by the Holy Spirit. I love reading your lessons especially when they are so passionate. As I have shared already I was raised in a Christian home. My dad was a Board member as well as a do it everything member (youth director, Sunday School teacher, Adult teacher, worship leader, choir director, etc..) My mom I think taught every grade in Sunday school at one point or another. Growing up I never once heard my mom or dad say anything negative about the church. It wasnt until I was an adult where they shared some of the difficulties the church faced. They were always very suportive of the pastors and the various leaders. Whenever people are involved there are going to be differences. That is what makes us unique. I thnk it is very interesting the point that Di brought up about Jesus choosing Judas to be his friend even when he knew the outcome of the story. Wow, that hit me hard. How many times have I focused on my hurts, my needs, me, me, me this person said that about me, the pastor didnt say that right, nobody talks to me at church, doesnt anybody notice me, everyone is so clicky etc...(yes I have had these thoughts and the list could go on) when we could follow Jesus example and love others no matter what! In my last church this was a constant battle for me. At one point I gave into the enemies lies and really found myself in a very dry place. I was still singing in the choir and teaching Sunday School class but the battle within me was very hard. Looking back now I know I was being prepared for something. Maybe it was just to share with you that no matter what dont allow yourself to focus on your problems. Dont get me wrong, we need to heal up those wounds like Beth Moore has been teaching us. That is very healthy, but once those wounds are healing dont break them open again. Move on and start looking for ways to help others. When we start looking for ways to help out the church we begin to see purpose and motivation. Nobody is perfect. Not even Di ha ha (just seeing if you are reading this) Start getting involved. Yes Cheryl, go to the Spotted Cow and meet other Women from the church. I have always enjoyed myself at the spot. Of course, I love to socialize too:). There are so many ways at Canyon Creek to get involved. Go to the Womens Cookie exchange Dec. 8th. Be involved in fusion group. Help with kids classes. Meet the pastors for coffee Dec. 6th. Did I put in enough plugs? Instead of sitting by yourself at church find someone sitting alone and sit with them. Start looking for others that need to feel welcome at our church. Wouldnt it be awesome to know that you helped bring someone to Christ just by being friendly in the foyer or in church? People are just looking for friendly faces to help them forget their busy hectic lives.

I hope you take this to heart. I am and I want to focus on others and be a light in a dark world. Are you ready to take the challenge?

Rhonda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home