Reading Assignment
Hello Everyone
First of all I have to apologize, once again, for being late in giving out the reading assignment for the week. Honestly, this past week for me was a quite a bit overwhelming scheduling-wise. I think every single day last week was about 14 hours long with ministry and family and demands on my time. Well, I suppose you all understand and relate..in fact I am counting on your understanding and your grace!
I had a really neat opportunity last week to speak at an "outreach event" in Chehalis, WA. 500 women, over two nights, came to have an early holiday celebration, and to hear a gosepl presentation. That was a stretch for me, since as you all know, my strength is pushing people for more of God! It was a wonderful experience with many ladies marking a card with their first time decision to accept Christ. It was good for me to pause and remember what really is most important!
I realize that we are heading into the very busy holiday season. It gets tougher and tougher to make time for Jesus, the most important, when the "urgent" demands our immediate attention. For that reason, I want to finish the Bible Study for this "semester" really strong. So you have two assignments for this next week.
The first one is to read chapters 20, 21 & 22. This is a total of 15 pages of reading, and I KNOW you can do it! There will be NO Bible Study posted this Monday. Everything in me wants to post it this Monday, in fact it will be written this Monday, but I will post our final lesson (along with any final thoughts from Rhonda) on the following Monday, Nov. 27th. If you are like me, you will have a lot of cooking to do this week, along with holiday shopping, but please take a few moments to read and reflect.
Your second assignment is to post something. I want to know how you are doing, where you are at, what God is challenging you with. God back and re-read some of the previous lessons (we have touched on some really deep stuff, did you read Rhonda's lesson last week? DEEP) and post what stands out to you, or what is stirring in you. Even if you have dropped the ball and not read a single bit of the book and you have never posted a THING, take the opportunity to encourage the rest of the group....even if you only post one sentence. Post something!
And don't forget to be memorizing Isaiah 61:1-4... I am working on it too!
So to summarize:
Read ch. 20-22
Post something
Memorize
Read final lesson on Monday the 27th
Last thing. We traditionally try to organize a final "get together" for the end of the Bible study semester (so you can meet the faces and people behind the posts you have read). If you are interested, we can either meet at the Spotted Cow that night of the 27th? Or we can put together a meeting on another night. Any preferences? Any interest?
Happy Thanksgiving...we have MUCH to be thankful for,
di
First of all I have to apologize, once again, for being late in giving out the reading assignment for the week. Honestly, this past week for me was a quite a bit overwhelming scheduling-wise. I think every single day last week was about 14 hours long with ministry and family and demands on my time. Well, I suppose you all understand and relate..in fact I am counting on your understanding and your grace!
I had a really neat opportunity last week to speak at an "outreach event" in Chehalis, WA. 500 women, over two nights, came to have an early holiday celebration, and to hear a gosepl presentation. That was a stretch for me, since as you all know, my strength is pushing people for more of God! It was a wonderful experience with many ladies marking a card with their first time decision to accept Christ. It was good for me to pause and remember what really is most important!
I realize that we are heading into the very busy holiday season. It gets tougher and tougher to make time for Jesus, the most important, when the "urgent" demands our immediate attention. For that reason, I want to finish the Bible Study for this "semester" really strong. So you have two assignments for this next week.
The first one is to read chapters 20, 21 & 22. This is a total of 15 pages of reading, and I KNOW you can do it! There will be NO Bible Study posted this Monday. Everything in me wants to post it this Monday, in fact it will be written this Monday, but I will post our final lesson (along with any final thoughts from Rhonda) on the following Monday, Nov. 27th. If you are like me, you will have a lot of cooking to do this week, along with holiday shopping, but please take a few moments to read and reflect.
Your second assignment is to post something. I want to know how you are doing, where you are at, what God is challenging you with. God back and re-read some of the previous lessons (we have touched on some really deep stuff, did you read Rhonda's lesson last week? DEEP) and post what stands out to you, or what is stirring in you. Even if you have dropped the ball and not read a single bit of the book and you have never posted a THING, take the opportunity to encourage the rest of the group....even if you only post one sentence. Post something!
And don't forget to be memorizing Isaiah 61:1-4... I am working on it too!
So to summarize:
Read ch. 20-22
Post something
Memorize
Read final lesson on Monday the 27th
Last thing. We traditionally try to organize a final "get together" for the end of the Bible study semester (so you can meet the faces and people behind the posts you have read). If you are interested, we can either meet at the Spotted Cow that night of the 27th? Or we can put together a meeting on another night. Any preferences? Any interest?
Happy Thanksgiving...we have MUCH to be thankful for,
di
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home