Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back to the Bride

Well this chapter prompted me to think about my wedding and the process leading up to that. There was no romance or innocence or preparation. It was a time filled with obligation, guilt, and pity. I won't go into all the details, but I guess it is hard for me to not place my earthly idea of a bride in the place of what God is talking about in the bible. I am so excited to start this study again. Thank you Sonya for sharing what you shared. Following is a hard thing for me. I look forward to growing even more during this half of the study!!! Love you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky Collord said...

Thanks so much for sharing Samm about the bride. I am not a girlie, girl so I have a hard time identifying with the "bride" as well. I like to think about what the inside of the bride reflects, not the external beauty. I remember the freshness and excitement when I first got married and I want to capture this in my relationship with God and never have it grow old. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Sonya Day said...

I'm with you, Sam, on the whole bride thing. I didn't think about it until you said that. When I think of my wedding all I think of is naive immaturity and pettiness on the part of relatives. And stress! Who wants to live in that kind of moment???
As for the "following" thing, I probably made it sound easier than it was. I wanted to shoot Andy for even considering a job up here! But in the end I said yes and it's been great. I know it is hard for us leader types to follow, but God will bless it when you do. I'll be praying for you on that!
Have I told you lately how much I enjoy hanging out with you?? :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Rachel Gouras said...

I can relate some to the bride as well. Jon and i eloped and i call my parents the night of and told them i had gotten married that day! I think i too had to look at the feelings that lead up to that point or maybe better the feelings after that point, as a newly married.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home