Here I Go
Hi everyone! I'm new to the Bible study and a little new to Canyon Creek. I decided to join this study so that I would have a reason to open my Bible up from time to time. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person in the world that has to really try to spend time in the Word and actually get something out of it. Then I remember I'm human...and so is everyone I know...therefor I am not the only one!
There were a couple things in these chapters that really stuck out to me. Again I had to read it twice to really make myself actually think about it and not just take it in and blow it out. In chapter 26 it says "Hearts not surrendered to God can seldom be trusted." That one kind of felt like a semi truck just t-boned me as I was driving through an intersection. I realized that I can't really tell you a time when I've been fully surrendered that lasted for more than 15 minutes at a worship service. If I'm not fully surrendered, I don't fully trust God, and the enemy weasels it's way into my life. Not a good situation.
In chapter 27 it says "God surpasses our dreams when we reach past our personal plans and agendas to grab the hand of Christ and walk the path He has chosen for us. He is obligated to keep us dissatisfied until we come to Him and His plan for complete satisfaction." Why wouldn't I want to do that? I'm always saying that I need someone to hold my hand to get me to do things that make me uncomfortable. I don't usually think of Jesus first. I think for me it's a pride issue. I like to be the strong one, independent, I can do it myself kind of girl. Asking for help is really hard for me...looking for it is even harder.
So after all this the question is, where is God in my priorities? Well He is currently climing the list with much effort. I know how my better life is with Him at the top but it takes a lot of work. I'm tired of knowing what I need to do and not actually doing anything. So here I go!
There were a couple things in these chapters that really stuck out to me. Again I had to read it twice to really make myself actually think about it and not just take it in and blow it out. In chapter 26 it says "Hearts not surrendered to God can seldom be trusted." That one kind of felt like a semi truck just t-boned me as I was driving through an intersection. I realized that I can't really tell you a time when I've been fully surrendered that lasted for more than 15 minutes at a worship service. If I'm not fully surrendered, I don't fully trust God, and the enemy weasels it's way into my life. Not a good situation.
In chapter 27 it says "God surpasses our dreams when we reach past our personal plans and agendas to grab the hand of Christ and walk the path He has chosen for us. He is obligated to keep us dissatisfied until we come to Him and His plan for complete satisfaction." Why wouldn't I want to do that? I'm always saying that I need someone to hold my hand to get me to do things that make me uncomfortable. I don't usually think of Jesus first. I think for me it's a pride issue. I like to be the strong one, independent, I can do it myself kind of girl. Asking for help is really hard for me...looking for it is even harder.
So after all this the question is, where is God in my priorities? Well He is currently climing the list with much effort. I know how my better life is with Him at the top but it takes a lot of work. I'm tired of knowing what I need to do and not actually doing anything. So here I go!
2 Comments:
Hi! Thanks for posting and being so honest. You are right, you are NOT alone on the bible study thing. What better way to get over that hump than to get involved in this study! Keep at it, I know you will get something out of the effort.
The part about not being able to trust hearts not fully surrendered got me too!! You are sbsolutely not alone!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home