100 points for me!
It is Thursday, almost time to do the reading for next week!!!! I finally sat down and did the reading! To be honest, after I read it I wasn't really moved. Have I experienced God's love? Sure. Do I try and humanize God? Often. I just didn't feel compelled to write about anything or do any further reflection. So I reread Rhonda's post. I opened my Bible and read Psalm 107 out loud. Three lines into I was brought to tears. This chapter of the Bible completely spoke to me this morning and helped me apply this weeks topic to my life. This chapter speaks of people deep in sin and oppression and they would cry out to the Lord, and because of his great love he saved them from their distress. That isn't what hit home for me. It was the continuous cycle. Distress, help God help! He rescues and yet again they go back to the prison. My family and friends have watched me go through a lot in my life. So many times of complete rebellion against God have landed me in some pretty seedy places. Things would get so bad I would finally cry out to God. He would restore me, place me on my feet again and tell me HE loves me. Then the empty places would start crying out for attention. I would dive once again into the world to try and satiate myself. Only to find myself so lost and desperate I would call out for God. This has been my life for 26 years! Needless to say a lot of my family and close friends have become skeptical when it comes to my restoration. Things like, "How long is it going to last this time? I give it 6 months." Seeing me go back and forth has jaded them and rightly so. All this to say, when I think of the magnitude of Gods love in my own life it is his tireless pursuit to rescue me and have me live in freedom. He hasn't given up on me. He hasn't grown weary of helping me get on my feet again. In a world where so many people have forsaken and forgotten me, His great love is needed by this girl! As for all those empty places..... That is an area I struggle with every day. I try and cram them with anything I think might work, knowing only God can get to every tiny crevice. I am progressing though. More and more I am surrendering them to him!
3 Comments:
Yeah Samm. I was going to email you today if you didnt post something just for accountability and because I love you! Im so glad you read that passage. When you read it outloud it really penetrates your heart to think yea they struggled too. The question is what do you learn during those struggles? I am so proud of you for making yourself open up the book and Bible and making yourself read. Honestly thats what it takes sometimes for all of us and when we do, speaking for myself, God gets ahold of me and I am refreshed. Whohoo
I knew you would do it, Samm! Congrats on finshing the week.
As for your friends and family who estimate the time till you mess up again, don't listen to them! Since when are THEY perfect??? Keep up the effort. I've had the same thing happen with people concerning my marriage. It only inspires me to try harder. The end result is never perfect, but it is so worth it! And think how much stronger and smarter you will be from the process!
That was the part that hit me too. That time and time again we mess up and He is still there to offer us His love. I don't know that i will ever fully understand the depth of it.
Post a Comment
<< Home