Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

God's Unfailing Love

Hi Ladies,
It's been awhile since I've made any comments. I have been reading the chapters and the comments you've made and they are ALL very good! I'm glad more ladies are participating- that's great! Beth Moore's book is so challenging and yet is so encouraging all at the same time. I wanted to share my latest "God" moment- a time He showed me His Unfailing Love.

It's be a year of change for me and my husband- we moved to Everett and changed churches. Previously we had gone to Marysville 1st A/G for over 25 years. During that time we made some great friends who we love dearly. About 2 years ago I experienced a deep hurt from one of my friends and I couldn't seem to get over it. Changing churches helped in some ways cause then I didn't have to deal with the hurt anymore. It was totally me--- the friend apologized and wanted to make it right but I felt betrayed and didn't want to trust her anymore. It was easier to just move on. This affected 2 other couples that we are friends with too- funny how it's never just about "me". It also affected our children- as they are good friends as well. They didn't understand what could have happened to a life long friendship.

As I was working one day- I observed another group of ladies that had been friends for many years as well. They now had moved on to different churches but their bond was still strong, they were still very close and when a major event happened in each others lives- they were there for each other. When I saw that I realized what a precious gift that is, to have the love of others, during the good times and the bad times. My group of friends supported me during the death of my brother, they've helped me move many times, they helped me with my daughter's wedding and they were there at the birth of my first grandchild. How could I just throw away all those years of love. God truly opened my eyes that day. I asked Him to help me with the hurt I had in my heart and a miracle took place. The hurt was gone- I called my friend and set up a time for us to have dinner and during that dinner with tears streaming down my face I apologized. I realized that life is too short to discard the good gifts that God has given us- He has the power to heal the broken hearted. I had to accept His Healing- and I had to believe that He can heal my hurts. The bottom line is I have to walk the talk. If I don't, my faith is nothing. My Lord has to be Lord of everything or not at all. What a precious time it was with my 3 friends this last weekend as I went on a retreat with their church. God is truly God. I'm so glad we have the freedom we have because of Him.
Cheryl

1 Comments:

Blogger Di Beals said...

Cheryl
What a BEAUTIFUL example of love and forgiveness, it is very touching. I loved your line about how "God has to be the Lord of everything or nothing." So true. Thanks for taking the time to share, I appreciate you!
di

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home