Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Friday, March 09, 2007

rebellion?

Thank you Di for breaking down rebellion. I too am very independant. In fact my mom laughs at me now that I have Lexie because she tells me she is exactly like I was when I was little. Oh help me Lord! I was constantly saying "I'll do it myself" and get very frustrated whan I couldnt have it my way. I still find myself trying to do everything on my own. I know that it is good to be independent but it grew to be more of a rebellion that I had to constantly work on. God will bless my mom and dad someday for their patience and wise words. The table has turned now as I watch my children struggle through this stubborness/rebellion personality. My Grandma told my mom when I was little that if my mom just directed me in the right way that I would turn out a very strong young lady. As I am becoming older and wiser (ha ha) I don't find myself fighting the rebellion as much but I do feel the nudge when someone tells me to do something and I dont want to even if it is for my own good.

Di asked us how we were doing in reading and praying this week. To be honest I havent done very well in the reading area this week. I have been reading the bible study for next week to get ready but I havent read the Bible as much as I wanted. I am going to do better today and into next week. You are my accountability! The wonderful thing about God is that he loves us and understands but he still wants us to grow and I can only do this if I am constantly being fed by His word. When I sit down and read I love it it is just making myself slow down, sit and read. Anyone else out there relate? Anyway have a wonderful weekend and I will be posting the reading later on today. I did read Psalms 19 like Di said and I love how it ends "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." That is my thought for today!
RHonda

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonya Day said...

Slow down and sit still. Hmmm. What does that look like? :) I haven't posted this week because I haven't done any of the assignment from Di this week. Because I have NO FREE TIME! Ugh! I have been busy getting ready for fusion last Sunday, only to get busy getting ready for Jonathan's birthday, and then getting ready for the impromtu visit from the inlaws! I know that a quiet time needs to come first every day. I am working on that. The main thing I've done to cope, though, is listening only to worship music. At least, then, my attitude stays somewhat in line!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

You are amazing Sonya. Keep listening to that worship music. :)Hang in there!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home