Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Rough Road Ahead

I'm really having to lean into God these past couple weeks. Some things are going well while others are crazy. Since my brother left for Iraq, my dad has been drinking more and my mom can't take much more of it. She told me last week that if he doesn't stop drinking she's going to have to "take a break" whatever that means. My parents have had some rough patches but this is the worst I've ever known it to be. Whether or not I was just too young or what, I'm really struggling with this. Even though I'm an adult and moved out I can't imagine my parents not being together. I know I'm going to have to trust God and know that His plan is perfect, but knowing and then believing is the hard part for me.

Also my brother that's in Iraq is having a really hard time. He calls home and starts to cry. I don't know what to do. Again God has a perfect plan but I'm scared for my brother. I haven't had peace from the day he left. I just try not to think about it otherwise is start to cry. Even now the tears are welling up.

I'm constantly reminded that God does know best, but sometimes I wonder. Please pray for my family. I pray that we are brought closer together and strengthened through this trial. My sister and I are going to talk to my dad about his drinking because he isn't listening to our mom. Pray that his heart is open and he doesn't go on the defensive. Please also pray for my brother Eli that his soul and mind are protected and that he comes home safe.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky Collord said...

Thank you for so honestly sharing. We need to carry each others burdens as Christians. I will be praying for you and your family. May God give you a peace that passes all understanding and keep your heart and mind on Him. What a trial you are going through. May it bring a little comfort to know there are others who truly care. All my love, Becky

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I just wanted to let you know that I kind of know a little bit where you're coming from in regards to the whole parent situation. My parents got divorced recently after being married for 26 years. Even though I was 23 when the whole thing became official...it was still extremely hard, and still is at times. I always knew that my parents had issues, but I never REALLY expected them to split up. After all, I grew up in church, as did both my parents. That's not suppossed to happen. One thing I realized...it's GOOD to talk about it...yes, you're not a kid anymore, but don't downplay the effect that it has on you. Anyways, hang in there...I will be praying, for your brother too. Thanks so much for sharing.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I read your post earlier this week and have been praying hard for you. Last week I had what started out as a very hard week and ended up much better. In my tough part of the week Di gave me a scripture portion that I want to pass onto you. It really ministered to me. Read Psalms 84. We have times of doubt and struggle but it is through those times that we grow from strength to strength (vs. 7) We can only find that strength in Him. "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elswhere." (vs.10). I am actually memorizing this scripture right now for this month. I have a nephew in Iraq as well and Im not sure where hs is right now with God but I am (trying) to believe that through this whole ordeal that he will be drawn closer to God and ultimately be safe. I am praying that God will give you and your sister wisdom in this situation. Yes knowing is much easier than believing. Keep trusting in Him and know that we are praying for you.
Rhonda

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home