What He has done..
I think for me it is really hard to do what God asks if it requiers stepping out and be noticibly different. I tend to care to much what others think. I want to please everyone and don't want to step on any toes. I use to pride myself on following. I mean, being able to follow the rules that were set in place. To the extreme of not questioning the things that were being put before me. So i started questioning authority, because of a lot of church hurt from the past and i am now swinging back to finding a balance in the questioning and the obeying. God has really been working on me in the area of, are you ashamed of me?, or what would Jesus have done in this situation. Am i proud that he is my savior or does it somehow embarace me? I think the true reality of what He did is starting to sink in, and that is from a lifetime in church, it is just hitting.
2 Comments:
That is so funny because I have been thinking about this questioning thing this week. I babysit a girl named Emma. Emma questions everything. Whatever I say I know there is always going to be a "Why?" question from Emma. Lexie on the other hand just takes your answer as that and doesnt question anymore. Emma is very bright and I know that comes from her inquisitive personality. There is a balance to follow but I know it is good to question what people say and back it up with scripture so we can gain wisdom. Isnt is funny how long things take to sink in?
Wow, Rachel, could we be any more alike? :) I'm the same, wanting to please people and following rules to the point of not questioning. Growing up in school, I was the one teachers' pet. There's a part of me that has always wanted someone to tell me what to do. Then there is the part of me who wants to do everything myself (Miss Perfectionist!) and wants to lead, not follow. Finding the balance, you're right, takes time.
Post a Comment
<< Home