Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Hello All!

Hi Ladies,
I just read all the posts up to this point- it took me 20 minutes (speed reader, I'm not). How exciting to hear all the comments from sooo many ladies!! I guess I feel alittle "old" to be in this study- most of you are in your child raising stage of life. My husband, Dick, and I will be celebrating our 34th year of marriage in November. That seems crazy in this day and age. I can hardly believe it myself- my parents divorced when I was 15. God has totally been the reason for our long marriage. We love each other very much and I'm soooo thankful that during the hard times (all marriages go through those times) we kept our eyes focused on God.
He truly is the Healer of all the hurts we have and He has the power to restore relationships!

Other things about me...I'm a Realtor, Grandmother of 2 adorable kids- Estelle & Evan, Mother of Kaylee & Eric, Sister to 5 siblings, Daughter to my 82 year old Dad, Was a member of Marysville 1st Assembly for 25 years, Been at CC for 2 years (or so) and We LOVE IT!

I'm passionate about Worship and Christian Music in general. My husband and I went to Creation for the 1st 5 years at the Gorge and camped out there. It was amazing- we both had heat exhaustion at least twice each over the years. It's HOT over there!!! We'd get up early and attend the worship service, stay til noon and then go over to Crescent Bar to the Leisure Time Resort- swim and shower and then head back to the Gorge for the afternoon and evening services and concerts. It was a huge blessing to spend 3 full days immersed in music that is meant to glorify the Creator of the Universe. I highly recommend it for families-

What else? I love to travel- some of the places we've been---Italy, France, Spain, Greece, Mexico, Hawaii, New York, Florida, Caribbean- next month we are going to Washington DC and New England.

I'm looking forward to this study and meeting you at CC. If you see my grand kids- I'll be somewhere close by...Blessings to you and your families!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home