Hello!
Good morning! I'm Pamela Amburgey and have recently decided to try the online Bible study from Canyon Creek. My daughter, Raschelle, and I have recently moved back home (Washington) from Central Florida - glad to be rid of the hot, humid and uncomfortable summers! We have no family left here as they are mostly all located on the East Coast - North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida.....my sister and brother-in-law are in Colleyville, TX.
I'm a tomboy and will be turing 44 next month (ugh!); love trucks, off-road racing, hiking, camping, fishing, taking outdoor photography (and selling it), wood working and am also an artist and love desiging things and trying new artisitc conceptions. I'm also a disabled veteran, with 10-years Air Force (my family is a military one). I currently work for the Dept of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection near Paine Field (17 years federal service) - I finally don't have to commute to work!
Raschelle is the same as her mom - I've raised her to be able to stand on her own two feet with God at her side. Raschelle is 16-years old and full of life. At the age of 12, she signed a contract with God at a formal dinner for teens at our old church - Champion Centre (Covenant Celebration Church, located in Tacoma). The event was for both teen boys and girls - they all signed a contract with their parents as witnesses; the contract basically states that she will refrain from smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs and pre-marital sex. I'm very proud of her for making this decision on her own to sign the contract - she's not shy to tell other teen guys and gals that she's signed it. I call her God's teen disciple because she speaks freely about her beliefs and attempts to have other teens get involved with church and/or a youth group. She hasn't made it to Canyon Creek's youth group as of yet, but she does plan on attending. She's also just informed me about a christian group at Jackson High School that she plans on joining - I'm really excited for her about that. At our other old church, Church on the Ridge when we lived in Snoqualmie, Raschelle was very active with Kids Town (young children learning about God) and the youth group. She loved being around the younger kids and teaching them about God; she assisted with camera and lighting operations for the stage and served popcorn and soda at their "kids bar" during playtime. We both were involved with the Christmas play (I designed the stage and she read a part from the play). We listen to Spirit 105.3 and other Christian CDs, we like country music, classical music, jazz and Il Divo, along with a lot of Disney music (Cheetah Girls, Jonas Brothers, etc.).
Recently, Raschelle has had a chronic illness that has kept her out of school (and us out of church) for the last few weeks - today is her first full day back (I'm praying that she'll be able to make it). What started off as an ordinary cold is now a full-fledge pneumonia in her left lung. She's been on heavy meds and pain killers, and both of us have had really no sleep these last few weeks because it's worse at night. I'm glad that we love Starbucks!
Besides Raschelle's illness, getting her nestled in to a new high school, getting me nestled in to my new office, we've been trying to get our new townhome situated (nope, still not done), located within the Hawethorne apartment complex - we live on Main Street and absolutely love it! I'm painting all the walls (three-stories) and designing the rooms as I go. I've just about completed the middle floor - I'm hoping the living room will be completed by this weekend. We have an international home: Antique (old world) Japan, Italy, Egypt, Pacific Northwest, Zen bath and Woodland Ferries / wolves / dragons / art studio. It's been fun deciding how each country would "flow" in to the next!
I'm hoping that I can keep up with the online Bible study -- it all depends on how 'Schelle is doing and if we're getting any sleep at night.
I'm excited about meeting new friends, as I have not met anyone new in Mill Creek (other than Di!). My extended family (my best friend's family) lives in Tacoma so we don't get to see much of each other, but we do plan weekend events.
I pray that God watches over us in this class and over each of our families and wraps us in His everlasting arms of strength, power, compassion, love, insight, patience and guidance.
Have a blessed day!
I'm a tomboy and will be turing 44 next month (ugh!); love trucks, off-road racing, hiking, camping, fishing, taking outdoor photography (and selling it), wood working and am also an artist and love desiging things and trying new artisitc conceptions. I'm also a disabled veteran, with 10-years Air Force (my family is a military one). I currently work for the Dept of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection near Paine Field (17 years federal service) - I finally don't have to commute to work!
Raschelle is the same as her mom - I've raised her to be able to stand on her own two feet with God at her side. Raschelle is 16-years old and full of life. At the age of 12, she signed a contract with God at a formal dinner for teens at our old church - Champion Centre (Covenant Celebration Church, located in Tacoma). The event was for both teen boys and girls - they all signed a contract with their parents as witnesses; the contract basically states that she will refrain from smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs and pre-marital sex. I'm very proud of her for making this decision on her own to sign the contract - she's not shy to tell other teen guys and gals that she's signed it. I call her God's teen disciple because she speaks freely about her beliefs and attempts to have other teens get involved with church and/or a youth group. She hasn't made it to Canyon Creek's youth group as of yet, but she does plan on attending. She's also just informed me about a christian group at Jackson High School that she plans on joining - I'm really excited for her about that. At our other old church, Church on the Ridge when we lived in Snoqualmie, Raschelle was very active with Kids Town (young children learning about God) and the youth group. She loved being around the younger kids and teaching them about God; she assisted with camera and lighting operations for the stage and served popcorn and soda at their "kids bar" during playtime. We both were involved with the Christmas play (I designed the stage and she read a part from the play). We listen to Spirit 105.3 and other Christian CDs, we like country music, classical music, jazz and Il Divo, along with a lot of Disney music (Cheetah Girls, Jonas Brothers, etc.).
Recently, Raschelle has had a chronic illness that has kept her out of school (and us out of church) for the last few weeks - today is her first full day back (I'm praying that she'll be able to make it). What started off as an ordinary cold is now a full-fledge pneumonia in her left lung. She's been on heavy meds and pain killers, and both of us have had really no sleep these last few weeks because it's worse at night. I'm glad that we love Starbucks!
Besides Raschelle's illness, getting her nestled in to a new high school, getting me nestled in to my new office, we've been trying to get our new townhome situated (nope, still not done), located within the Hawethorne apartment complex - we live on Main Street and absolutely love it! I'm painting all the walls (three-stories) and designing the rooms as I go. I've just about completed the middle floor - I'm hoping the living room will be completed by this weekend. We have an international home: Antique (old world) Japan, Italy, Egypt, Pacific Northwest, Zen bath and Woodland Ferries / wolves / dragons / art studio. It's been fun deciding how each country would "flow" in to the next!
I'm hoping that I can keep up with the online Bible study -- it all depends on how 'Schelle is doing and if we're getting any sleep at night.
I'm excited about meeting new friends, as I have not met anyone new in Mill Creek (other than Di!). My extended family (my best friend's family) lives in Tacoma so we don't get to see much of each other, but we do plan weekend events.
I pray that God watches over us in this class and over each of our families and wraps us in His everlasting arms of strength, power, compassion, love, insight, patience and guidance.
Have a blessed day!
1 Comments:
Hi, Pam! Glad you could join us! Sounds like we both escaped the hot sun for the beautiful northwest!
I'm exhausted just reading all that you are up to. I'm glad you chose to join us in spite of it all. If all else fails, just read and reply. But I truly hope your life slows enough for you to fully participate!
Looking forward to getting to know you more!
Post a Comment
<< Home