Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hi, I'm April

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is April Swift and I've just recently started coming to this church with my husband and 3 kids. We moved to Silver Lake about a year ago and have been looking for a church home. Thankfully, we felt welcome and comfortable at Canyon Creek from the start. We've been married 5 years and have been steadily adding to our little family. We have a 4-year-old daughter, a 2 1/2-year-old daughter and a 6-month-old son. I am thankful that I get to be a full time mommy but I admit, I feel very overwhelmed some days with 3 little ones and all the household stuff to take care of. I'm blessed with a supportive and involved husband, thankfully. I've also started homeschooling my oldest for Pre-K this fall. Here's a little about me besides my big roles as mommy and wife... I love to read, I love to sing and listen to music. I enjoy working in my garden and helping my hubby work on our "fixer-upper" house.I thought this bible study would be a great way for me to connect with God again and hopefully meet some ladies I can relate with. Hope to get to know all of you better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya Day said...

It's no surprise you feel overwhelmed at times! Three little ones at home! I'm overwhelmed with my three sometimes and two of them are in school! (And I don't even homeschool...)
I'm glad you have decided to join us despite your crazy life. I look forward to getting to know you as we go. (And thru fusion! Go Gouras/Lindbeck group!) :)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home