Ask in My name...
So, the verse I have chosen to memorize is John 14:12-14 "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
There are many reasons for this, but my main reasoning is to remind myself that I have access to every tool in His Kingdom, and I need to ask with faith, standing on His promises, knowing that He is true to His word! Amen!
As for a leading by the Holy Spirit, I found that I was able to think back on MANY times I was prompted by the H.S., but did NOT follow through, which really saddened me. All growing up, and even still, I truly hate to disappoint people, esp. those whom I look up to. When I was thinking back on times I did not do what I had been prompted by the H.S., I once again got that feeling up utter disappointment- in myself, for letting down someone who I desire to please. So, on one hand, I guess that is a good thing, that I am recognizing how much it grieves me to grieve the Spirit, and hopefully is teaching me to go forth when I feel that prompting.
There have been times when I did follow through, and I am glad that I did. One time was a few years back when I was taking pre-requisite courses for dental hygiene.
In my organic chemistry course, my lab partner was a very outspoken liberal who also happened to be homosexual. I grew up in a very sheltered world, and until this point, I had always gone to a Christian school, so this was certainly a new area for me. Within the first 5 minutes of meeting her, and doing the usual introductions, she asked how I met my husband, to which I answered "church".
Well, you can bet that went over like a lead balloon!
I had to spend many hours outside of class with this person in close quarters, and I needed her help in understanding this challenging information, and within minutes she despised me. Great! Well, in talking with my mom, I was challenged to pray for her. I was not looking to convert her, I just wanted her to know that her prior experiences with "church-people" were unfortunate, but not typical of all of us.
Within a matter of less than 2 weeks, she stopped me at one point during our lab session and said, "you are unlike any other Christian I have ever met, Thank You"
It was never brought up again, but I truly feel that she was able to see the incredible, amazing love of God- through no means of my own, believe me!! Simply by being open to the Spirit, and speaking his words, not mine! During my entire 4 years at that school, she always made a point to greet me in the hallways. I do hope that she knows the love of the Father at some point in her life!
There are many reasons for this, but my main reasoning is to remind myself that I have access to every tool in His Kingdom, and I need to ask with faith, standing on His promises, knowing that He is true to His word! Amen!
As for a leading by the Holy Spirit, I found that I was able to think back on MANY times I was prompted by the H.S., but did NOT follow through, which really saddened me. All growing up, and even still, I truly hate to disappoint people, esp. those whom I look up to. When I was thinking back on times I did not do what I had been prompted by the H.S., I once again got that feeling up utter disappointment- in myself, for letting down someone who I desire to please. So, on one hand, I guess that is a good thing, that I am recognizing how much it grieves me to grieve the Spirit, and hopefully is teaching me to go forth when I feel that prompting.
There have been times when I did follow through, and I am glad that I did. One time was a few years back when I was taking pre-requisite courses for dental hygiene.
In my organic chemistry course, my lab partner was a very outspoken liberal who also happened to be homosexual. I grew up in a very sheltered world, and until this point, I had always gone to a Christian school, so this was certainly a new area for me. Within the first 5 minutes of meeting her, and doing the usual introductions, she asked how I met my husband, to which I answered "church".
Well, you can bet that went over like a lead balloon!
I had to spend many hours outside of class with this person in close quarters, and I needed her help in understanding this challenging information, and within minutes she despised me. Great! Well, in talking with my mom, I was challenged to pray for her. I was not looking to convert her, I just wanted her to know that her prior experiences with "church-people" were unfortunate, but not typical of all of us.
Within a matter of less than 2 weeks, she stopped me at one point during our lab session and said, "you are unlike any other Christian I have ever met, Thank You"
It was never brought up again, but I truly feel that she was able to see the incredible, amazing love of God- through no means of my own, believe me!! Simply by being open to the Spirit, and speaking his words, not mine! During my entire 4 years at that school, she always made a point to greet me in the hallways. I do hope that she knows the love of the Father at some point in her life!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home