Faithfulness
I’ve realized that God is calling me to faithfulness. Since I was a little girl, I have suffered from extremely painful migraines. They have gotten worse since my first pregnancy and have continued to be a problem for this past 5 years. I have prayed and been prayed for so many times about this and I was to the point that I was so discouraged, I thought maybe God just didn’t care. But thankfully, He’s spoken to me through a book I read recently called “Disappointment with God” by Phillip Yancey. It basically says that even if God doesn’t fix our problems, He still wants us to be faithful. I have realized that God is still a loving God even in the midst of my struggle. He wants me to be faithful in prayer and my relationship with Him. I know he is capable of healing me, but I need to be faithful to Him no matter what is going on in my life. I am called to be faithful to Him even though I don’t understand why my healing has not yet come.
2 Comments:
April, this is GREAT. What a great example. i am so sorry to hear of your stuggle, I will stand with you that God is great in spite of your suffering. Thank you for sharing this!
I love what you said at the end: that your healing hadn't come yet. That reminds me of the message Jared Ming did when he visited a few weeks ago. You gotta see it, say it, and HOLD ON to it! Just cause the healing hasn't come already doesn't mean it won't come at all! But no matter the outcome, God is still good!
Post a Comment
<< Home