Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Flat on my face...

I have definitely experienced trying to go at it alone. In my head I know better than to try to do things on my own, but my independant, stubborn heart insists it is powerful enough to make it through alone. I find this is most true when I am trying to help others with their problems. I start out relying on my power sometimes but in turn find myself lacking in emotional strength and practical wisdom. I kind of see it like an over-zealous child trying to learn to ride a bike on their own, when they still haven't mastered walking without holding their parents' hands. I know I am still like that when it comes to relying on God to work through me by His Spirit. Sometimes it is because I am forgetful but sometimes it is because I am just plain hard-headed and independant. Other times is my big, fat pride creeping in to take the throne once more. Whichever the case I know that the outcomes are much more satisfactory and my life is richer and blessed when I am completely enveloped and powered by the Holy Spirit. The many times I have put my complete reliance and trust in God, the Spirit has done amazing things in my life and the lives around me. It's an amazing place to be. As I slowly mature, I see this more and more consistently and I am amazed by the loving way He continues to instruct me in His way. He empowers me with His strength, wisdom and love. In turn, amazing things happen. I've been a Christian for quite awhile and somedays I feel like I still need to learn this lesson completely. Thank goodness Jesus never stops holding my hand and picking me back up when I run ahead without him and have fallen flat on my face.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya Day said...

Thanks for your honesty. That is soo true (what you said about Jesus never stopping to hold your hand). I know I've been thankful for that more than once!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home