Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Godly Sorrow

It's seen awhile now since I've read all the comments, we were on vacation for a week on the east coast. What a wild ride we took through Washington DC, New York, New Jersey, Ct, Maryland, PE, Delaware, Maine, New Hampshire, & Vermont. What was supposed to be relaxing turned into a frantic flight to see the "foliage". Was I ever glad to see the "foliage" in the Pacific Northwest! We do live in one of the most beautiful states in the US!! I took my workbook along but didn't open it. By the time we were at our sleeping destinations I was too exhausted to think about anything but getting into my jammies and settling in for the night. Don't get me wrong- I am thankful for the opportunity to go on the 4 day rode trip with my husband after spending 3 days in WA DC but....I'm so glad to be home in my own "place". It really taught be about being content with the "place" God has put me in.

The Fruit of the Spirit I long for is Joy- with some trying times at work in the past 3 or 4 months- I am so excited to see how God is going to give me more Joy. Which brings me to the point of my sharing today- getting back into the lesson, I read Day 2 of Week Two. I studied and read and boy was I surprised by what God showed me. The Fruit of the Spirit is given by the Spirit and when I greive Him the Fire of His Spirit is quenched. So how do I quench that Fire- by bitterness, rage & anger, brawling ( I've even felt like brawling in the past few months), slander and malice. Ok - I'm being completely honest here. I had to look up slander and malice just to refresh my memory of what exactly they are. Slander is false statements that can harm someone else's character. Some of the things I say may or may not be false statements but if they harm someone's character or reputation then maybe I shouldn't say them. So what do I do now that maybe I have said some things? I repent with a Godly sorrow. Funny how God is- Godly sorrow is going to bring me Joy? Yes! So today I am starting with a clean slate, I love that we can do that. God is so amazingly good- His patience and love are NEVER ending. I appreciated all the comments this week and the great insights and truths that we are learning and sharing with each other! God Bless each of you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mari said...

Cheryl,
Thank you for your post. I feel that some/most of us have those kinds of times where we're just so frustrated at situations and we feel it's just venting, but don't realize that what we say could hurt the person/people we're venting about. I too have had a quite difficult situation at work, and it's very difficult for me to love a person who treats me so badly, but I tend to forget that she is God's child, too. I'm just not sure what, if anything I should say rather than telling people how she hurts me.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home