Hi everyone,
The following message is from one of our bible study friends Pam Amburgey. She couldn't post it from work so I posted for her. Thanks for sharing this Pam
di
I’m hoping that this makes it to our blog.
Joy is something that I have deep inside me for being alive today to raise my teenage daughter. In 2000, I was rear-ended and literally couldn’t walk for 7-weeks; I was fearful that I would have to use a walker or cane for the rest of my life. I prayed to my Savior and asked him not “why” this happened, but how can I come out for the better; my answer that I received was to lighten my load between working for the government, being Neighborhood Watch Coordinator, volunteer as a Citizen on Patrol (COP), Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), and raising my daughter. I listened to Him and promised that I would give up my volunteer work with the police department’s COP, and would only keep Neighborhood Watch and CERT. Soon after my recup from the accident, I was struck my lightening; God was speaking to me once again! I ended up in the Tampa , FL Veteran’s Hospital as the doctors were not sure what nor how to treat a survivor of a lightening strike. I felt like a guinea pig as the docs would bring in student doctors and tell them that I must have had an angel watch over me because if I had been 3 foot over in any direction, I would not be here today. I struck up a conversation with Him while in the hospital and told him that I received His message and that I would give up more off my plate and learn the word, “NO;” I was allowed to go home the following day.
I have been a single parent for the last 15-years and believe me, I have had hard times to include financial hardship; however, I remember the conversations that I’ve had with Him and know that He’s not ready for me yet and that I have a job to do raising my daughter under His guidance. My pure joy is my daughter, the connection that I have with Him and that He’s allowed me to stay with her to watch her grow every day and how she stays true to her promises to Him.
I thank God everyday that He’s allowed me to stay above ground as long as he has; I have survived two abusive marriages to include having a 9MM handgun to put my head while I was holding my daughter. Pure joy – yes, it’s in my heart, mind, body and soul; however, I will admit that I have asked Him where am I going to come up with the funds to do certain things – He always provides an answer. Some of the times I have asked this question, I actually received the answer, “Stay home and enjoy quality time together. Take day trips around your state. Pack up ‘the boys’ (my two Poms), pack an overnight bag, pack the car for the two of you and go explore. Those trips have been the best ones that I can think of – just ‘Schelle, my two boys and me on a trip. We have both picked up photography, so we really enjoy taking photos – we have some of our prints that we’ll be displaying in our home. We both have God in our hearts, and He’s blessed us in so many different avenues and ways. There have been times when I’ve been angry at Him, but have gone back and apologized. Having Him in our house, our car, our life sends chills (just as I have as I write this) up and down my spine.
My best friend, who’s name is also Pam (she goes by Pam-Pam), is like my soul sister; we finish each other sentences; we look at each other after we’ve witnessed something and have either laughed at the same time without saying any word, or have cried at the same time without saying a word. We know what the other person is thinking. As a matter-of-fact, this past weekend ‘Schelle and I stayed at Pam (and Doug’s) home in Tacoma . Every weekend morning, we use to take our pets for a walk to a local bistro, sit down, have a cup of coffee, speak with other pet owners who were there and just enjoy one another’s company. During our walk this past weekend, and boy have I missed those, a very cute Jack Russell Terrier came prancing up to us – now mind you we have the four of us, three pets and one grandchild all in tow. “Jack” as we called him, just joined our group and was happy to be on an adventure. Well, both Pam-Pam and I looked at each other and knew what we were going to do; yep, we took a leash of one of my smaller Poms, put the leash on ‘Jack’ and off we went to try and find his home. After 20-minutes we gave up and went back to her house. After we dropped off our pets, Doug, ‘Schelle and her grandson, Pam-Pam and I loaded up ‘Jack’ and took off to a vet to see if ‘Jack’ had a tracking implant. Well, one vet was closed so we headed to a local pet shop – they sent us to the vet next door to them. “Jack” was having a GREAT time – he was on an adventure and being loved by two women! We knew he was a man’s dog, just by his antics and the way he bonded so quickly with Pam-Pam’s husband, Doug. Well, we headed next door to the vet – they were able to find ‘Jack’s’ implant! We were given the contact phone numbers and ‘Jack’s’ address and we headed out to the exact place that ‘Jack’ joined our group…about a block from his home. His ‘mom and dad’ had just gotten home; we got out and asked if they were missing a family member – I let ‘Jack’ out and he jumped in to his dad’s arms! ‘Jack’s’ adventure was done – he was so HAPPY to see his dad and mom – ‘Jack’ had pure joy, just as his mom and dad did. We talked for about 15-minutes and then headed back to Pam-Pam’s home to finish up our day before ‘Schelle and I had to head home. Our hearts were so happy that we were able to find ‘Jack’s’ home – so far we have saved two dogs with finding their homes, one cat that we found his home and a baby black bird (crow) that we turned in to animal control to help mend his injuries.
Life is too short not to have joy in our hearts; though I’ve had many situations where I shouldn’t be here God has ensured me that I am here to see my daughter graduate high school, join either the Coast Guard or Marines, she her blossom in to a young and beautiful woman and begin her life while I ready myself for retirement in the next 12 years.
It’s just like the song goes, “I’ve got Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart, down in my heart today!”
God bless!
Sincerely,
Pamela S. Amburgey
The following message is from one of our bible study friends Pam Amburgey. She couldn't post it from work so I posted for her. Thanks for sharing this Pam
di
I’m hoping that this makes it to our blog.
Joy is something that I have deep inside me for being alive today to raise my teenage daughter. In 2000, I was rear-ended and literally couldn’t walk for 7-weeks; I was fearful that I would have to use a walker or cane for the rest of my life. I prayed to my Savior and asked him not “why” this happened, but how can I come out for the better; my answer that I received was to lighten my load between working for the government, being Neighborhood Watch Coordinator, volunteer as a Citizen on Patrol (COP), Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), and raising my daughter. I listened to Him and promised that I would give up my volunteer work with the police department’s COP, and would only keep Neighborhood Watch and CERT. Soon after my recup from the accident, I was struck my lightening; God was speaking to me once again! I ended up in the Tampa , FL Veteran’s Hospital as the doctors were not sure what nor how to treat a survivor of a lightening strike. I felt like a guinea pig as the docs would bring in student doctors and tell them that I must have had an angel watch over me because if I had been 3 foot over in any direction, I would not be here today. I struck up a conversation with Him while in the hospital and told him that I received His message and that I would give up more off my plate and learn the word, “NO;” I was allowed to go home the following day.
I have been a single parent for the last 15-years and believe me, I have had hard times to include financial hardship; however, I remember the conversations that I’ve had with Him and know that He’s not ready for me yet and that I have a job to do raising my daughter under His guidance. My pure joy is my daughter, the connection that I have with Him and that He’s allowed me to stay with her to watch her grow every day and how she stays true to her promises to Him.
I thank God everyday that He’s allowed me to stay above ground as long as he has; I have survived two abusive marriages to include having a 9MM handgun to put my head while I was holding my daughter. Pure joy – yes, it’s in my heart, mind, body and soul; however, I will admit that I have asked Him where am I going to come up with the funds to do certain things – He always provides an answer. Some of the times I have asked this question, I actually received the answer, “Stay home and enjoy quality time together. Take day trips around your state. Pack up ‘the boys’ (my two Poms), pack an overnight bag, pack the car for the two of you and go explore. Those trips have been the best ones that I can think of – just ‘Schelle, my two boys and me on a trip. We have both picked up photography, so we really enjoy taking photos – we have some of our prints that we’ll be displaying in our home. We both have God in our hearts, and He’s blessed us in so many different avenues and ways. There have been times when I’ve been angry at Him, but have gone back and apologized. Having Him in our house, our car, our life sends chills (just as I have as I write this) up and down my spine.
My best friend, who’s name is also Pam (she goes by Pam-Pam), is like my soul sister; we finish each other sentences; we look at each other after we’ve witnessed something and have either laughed at the same time without saying any word, or have cried at the same time without saying a word. We know what the other person is thinking. As a matter-of-fact, this past weekend ‘Schelle and I stayed at Pam (and Doug’s) home in Tacoma . Every weekend morning, we use to take our pets for a walk to a local bistro, sit down, have a cup of coffee, speak with other pet owners who were there and just enjoy one another’s company. During our walk this past weekend, and boy have I missed those, a very cute Jack Russell Terrier came prancing up to us – now mind you we have the four of us, three pets and one grandchild all in tow. “Jack” as we called him, just joined our group and was happy to be on an adventure. Well, both Pam-Pam and I looked at each other and knew what we were going to do; yep, we took a leash of one of my smaller Poms, put the leash on ‘Jack’ and off we went to try and find his home. After 20-minutes we gave up and went back to her house. After we dropped off our pets, Doug, ‘Schelle and her grandson, Pam-Pam and I loaded up ‘Jack’ and took off to a vet to see if ‘Jack’ had a tracking implant. Well, one vet was closed so we headed to a local pet shop – they sent us to the vet next door to them. “Jack” was having a GREAT time – he was on an adventure and being loved by two women! We knew he was a man’s dog, just by his antics and the way he bonded so quickly with Pam-Pam’s husband, Doug. Well, we headed next door to the vet – they were able to find ‘Jack’s’ implant! We were given the contact phone numbers and ‘Jack’s’ address and we headed out to the exact place that ‘Jack’ joined our group…about a block from his home. His ‘mom and dad’ had just gotten home; we got out and asked if they were missing a family member – I let ‘Jack’ out and he jumped in to his dad’s arms! ‘Jack’s’ adventure was done – he was so HAPPY to see his dad and mom – ‘Jack’ had pure joy, just as his mom and dad did. We talked for about 15-minutes and then headed back to Pam-Pam’s home to finish up our day before ‘Schelle and I had to head home. Our hearts were so happy that we were able to find ‘Jack’s’ home – so far we have saved two dogs with finding their homes, one cat that we found his home and a baby black bird (crow) that we turned in to animal control to help mend his injuries.
Life is too short not to have joy in our hearts; though I’ve had many situations where I shouldn’t be here God has ensured me that I am here to see my daughter graduate high school, join either the Coast Guard or Marines, she her blossom in to a young and beautiful woman and begin her life while I ready myself for retirement in the next 12 years.
It’s just like the song goes, “I’ve got Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart, down in my heart today!”
God bless!
Sincerely,
Pamela S. Amburgey
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home