Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Hi I'm Tabi

Sorry that I am just posting an introduction. I couldn't find the big block lettering that said, "new post." Oh well. Here I am. My name is Tabatha but my family and friends like to call me Tabi. I don't mind either. I am 33 years old, single and content with both. I am really excited to be part of this study because I have been a youth and children's pastor for the past 15 years, while teaching pre-kindergarten. I don't usually have much time to go to Bible studies. This is such a God send and blessing for me. I recently started going to Canyon Creek. I was serving as Children's Pastor at a local church and I knew it was time to move on. I am so ready to be fed a little myself. Sometimes you get so busy in ministry you become spiritually anemic because you give all your spiritual food to others. You forget to feed yourself enough. I will only be here for another year because I am going to teach in Cambodia and work with missionary Larissa (Wright) Dobson from Arlington. I have been planning on becoming a missionary since I attended Northwest University and received my BA in Church Ministry with a concentration in missions. I have just waited for God to open some doors. Also,I learned a lot of lessons along the way. Last year I went back to school and received my masters in teaching and now I am working to pay off some of that debt and prepare for the mission field. I covet your prayers. A little about me... I love to be silly and play. I think that is why I love working with children. I love video games. (Especially our new wii.) Also, I love taking pictures with my Nikon D50. I am a veracious reader (especially historical fiction) and love collecting old books. I could travel everyday and love to travel to new, exotic, warm places. When I travel I like to sample every coffee shop and have a soy cappuccino. (I think I spent most of my money in Europe on coffee.) Most of all, I love Jesus. My soul stirs and my heart leaps when I think about Him. I long to draw ever closer to him an experience all that life with Him can be. I look forward to getting to know all of you and growing with you. ~Blessings, Tabi

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonya Day said...

Hi, Tabi. Glad you posted! I'm so excited for you and your upcoming trip to Cambodia! I love missions, but being married means I have to keep it to short term (unless we all get led somewhere!). You picked the right church to soak up the spirit in; you can't go anywhere with Canyon Creekers without experiencing God! And as you fill up, I hope you post more here. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Di Beals said...

Hi Tabi
This was such a phenomenal introduction! you are such a cool girl. I am excited to get to know you better and see what God has in store for you!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home