Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Friday, October 19, 2007

My "God Opportunity" for the week

HI Everyone
Your comments and posts have been great, and I am waiting excitedly to read your posts as those "led by the Spirit, God-opportunities" happen.
I'll share one from my life this week.
I coach Rachel's soccer team of 10 and 11 year olds. I really prayed about whether or not I should do this and felt that I should, and that God would use me in the lives of families outside of our church. This week, after posting on Monday, I have really been praying that God would use me to touch others, ESPECIALLY my soccer girls. I got a call from one of my player's mom on thursday morning. Her daughter had gone to the ER the night before and had been diagnosed with diabetes. She was at Children's Hospital with her daughter for the weekend and was calling to let me know her daughter would be missing practices and our game. Now I haven't even met this mom yet (because she works nights) and I was super busy on Thursday, but I cleared my calendar to head down to Children's to love on this family.
After arriving, (and meeting the mom) I got the opportunity to listen, show love and concern and pray for both mom and daughter. I left there feeling very grateful for the opportunity to be God's love to others who don't know Him.
It really is the simple things.
Keep praying, the opportunities are endless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home