My Holy Spirit Opportunity
I finally received my workbook last Friday - I have never done an online bible study before and had accidentally ordered the "online version". Now that I have caught up with the assignments, I feel inspired to write about an experience I recently had.
I am not familiar with hearing/feeling the Holy Spirit, but I definitely felt a sense of not wanting to give up.
My Dad's 77th birthday was last week and my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary 9 days before that. I wanted to take them out to lunch, but they can never go anywhere together unless someone can watch their dog (it's a long story!). It's frustrating to me because I would love to spend more time with them and be able to treat them to meals, shopping, etc but it always comes down to "who will watch Snuffy?"
I went to visit on Saturday morning and this time kept asking, refusing to take no for an answer. Finally my dad said OK and after making arrangements for another dog to come over to "babysit" we were off to the restaurant.
My parent's haven't been out for a long time and really seemed to enjoy their meal. We were also able to talk face to face (without the TV on) which was much more enjoyable.
I feel I was being led by the H.S. because I felt "pushed" to keep trying and refusing to give up, saying grace before we ate, which is normal for me but not for them, especially in public, and by having my car radio on Spirit 105, which my dad happened to notice. These may seem rather small, but for me it is a sign of growth in my walk with Jesus.
Teri
I am not familiar with hearing/feeling the Holy Spirit, but I definitely felt a sense of not wanting to give up.
My Dad's 77th birthday was last week and my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary 9 days before that. I wanted to take them out to lunch, but they can never go anywhere together unless someone can watch their dog (it's a long story!). It's frustrating to me because I would love to spend more time with them and be able to treat them to meals, shopping, etc but it always comes down to "who will watch Snuffy?"
I went to visit on Saturday morning and this time kept asking, refusing to take no for an answer. Finally my dad said OK and after making arrangements for another dog to come over to "babysit" we were off to the restaurant.
My parent's haven't been out for a long time and really seemed to enjoy their meal. We were also able to talk face to face (without the TV on) which was much more enjoyable.
I feel I was being led by the H.S. because I felt "pushed" to keep trying and refusing to give up, saying grace before we ate, which is normal for me but not for them, especially in public, and by having my car radio on Spirit 105, which my dad happened to notice. These may seem rather small, but for me it is a sign of growth in my walk with Jesus.
Teri
3 Comments:
Yea, Teri! Glad that book FINALLY got to you! :)
That is a big step for you and I don't look at it as small at all. Keep listening!
Teri
This is a GREAT example! Good for you for being obedient, and thanks for sharing your story!
Teri,
I really enjoyed your story. My father is 80 and so I can relate to the challenges of aging parents. Bless you for your love for them and willingness to keep trying to get them out for a nice dinner! And for being a Godly daughter- that's wonderful!
Post a Comment
<< Home