Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Patience

I would have to say that 'patience' is the fruit that I most likely struggle with the most ... being that God Himself has clearly told me to be 'patient' a few years back! At the time that He gave me this word, I was in a 'discussion' with Him about something that was near and dear to my heart :o)
It was a few years later that I learned to be very grateful for waiting / being patient, as God answered my prayers in the person of Marion (my husband).

Another lesson that I have learned in the area of patience, is that of waiting on God's timing! Many years ago, I got what I still believe was God's go ahead on something I prayed about... having gotten the green light, I took over the reigns and plowed ahead with my plans. Unfortunately, things did not work out so well, and it was after trying to understand how things could have gone so wrong, that I realized, that along with getting God's 'green light' that I ALSO should have looked to His timing ... i.e. when was the right time for me to have this!!

I am grateful for the lessons that God has taught me over the years, and my prayer regarding this, is that I will not forget what he has taught me (it is never very fun to relearn things the hard way ...!)

Jenni

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya Day said...

Sweet Jenni, you are so awesome! I'm glad you waited patiently for Marion. You two are great together. Thanks for sharing and giving a clear picture of how good it is to be in God's timing!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home