Who you are, not what you do
Hello ladies
I thought I would check in for the week with a few thoughts.
Mari, I think every one of us understands to one degree or another how you are feeling right now. At the risk of oversimplifying, let give me you a thought to chew on; your relationship with God is not about what you DO it is about who you ARE. You ARE a daugther, you ARE precious, loved, and forgiven. We can't earn our way in a relationship with God ever. Yes, out of love and gratitude, we want to please Him, but we have to guard ourselves from the trap of pleasing Him by our works. Fathers love daughters no matter if they are nearly perfect, or a complete wreck. God the Father's love is holy....without hidden motive or strings attached, it is purely unconditional. yes, there is a level of pleasing God, but I think just having the yearning and desire to please Him is well over half of it. I suggest we all focus just a little longer on knowing Him....and pleasing Him will flow more naturally from that. I hope that helps.
Also, be sure girls, to check the actual blog site occasionally for comments. Comments made by Sonya and I and all of you, do not go to your inbox. So check in at www.canyoncreekchicks.blogspot.com and scroll through the comments.
And finally, keep up the good work! Sonya, your lesson was so visual that it just keeps running through my head. I want to be powered by the Holy Spirit, and to have that happen I have to continue to relinquish control. I like that word relinquish. I get this picture in my head of me holding really really tight to something that if I just loosen my grasp and open my fingers God will take over from there. Isn't that the truth?
I thought I would check in for the week with a few thoughts.
Mari, I think every one of us understands to one degree or another how you are feeling right now. At the risk of oversimplifying, let give me you a thought to chew on; your relationship with God is not about what you DO it is about who you ARE. You ARE a daugther, you ARE precious, loved, and forgiven. We can't earn our way in a relationship with God ever. Yes, out of love and gratitude, we want to please Him, but we have to guard ourselves from the trap of pleasing Him by our works. Fathers love daughters no matter if they are nearly perfect, or a complete wreck. God the Father's love is holy....without hidden motive or strings attached, it is purely unconditional. yes, there is a level of pleasing God, but I think just having the yearning and desire to please Him is well over half of it. I suggest we all focus just a little longer on knowing Him....and pleasing Him will flow more naturally from that. I hope that helps.
Also, be sure girls, to check the actual blog site occasionally for comments. Comments made by Sonya and I and all of you, do not go to your inbox. So check in at www.canyoncreekchicks.blogspot.com and scroll through the comments.
And finally, keep up the good work! Sonya, your lesson was so visual that it just keeps running through my head. I want to be powered by the Holy Spirit, and to have that happen I have to continue to relinquish control. I like that word relinquish. I get this picture in my head of me holding really really tight to something that if I just loosen my grasp and open my fingers God will take over from there. Isn't that the truth?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home