Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Not on my own strenth

I like to say that I'm patient, but in my heart that is not generally the case. I know that in my life I have tried to be patient with people or circumstances with my own strength and that just wears a person out. Usually when I try to be patient with my own strength, I find that I'm more irritable, have a short temper, and really can't do anything with a good attitude. I think just by reading the study this week I learned a lot about myself and God. I loved the connection of the patience of God and how he is patient because he desires that no one will perish. How cool is that? He would wait around for me to pull my head out, just so that I would not perish. I know I get really frustrated when a person just keeps doing to same thing over and over and always saying that they want to change, then just keep on doing what they are doing. The funny thing is, it probably bothers me because I do it and I don't even realize it. Now I know that patience is from God and is inspired by mercy. No wonder it's so hard to do on my own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home