Just some thoughts
Thank you, Di and Sonya, for your patience, and gentle (and sometimes not so subtle, but oh so necessary!) reminders to push on and dig deeper.
I find it amusing how God will bring up things in my lives (I pluralize it because they don't all mix together at times, no matter how hard I try, and thus I feel like I'm leading multiple lives sometimes!) at just the time when I'm getting a bit too comfortable with where I'm at.
I, too, have had many coaching experiences (both literally and figuratively). Like Di, I have appreciated them all, regardless of whether or not I actually got along with that particular coach. I never really thought about the fact that a person has to actually be willing to be coached, and that's partially because I've always been the type of person who enjoys a little bit of coaching in my life (albeit painful at times, in retrospect, it's always beneficial and thus worthwhile!)
My report cards in elementary school almost always read the same 2 things: "Amy is very chatty in class" and "Amy is very teachable". I never really appreciated those comments until recently! Although, as I've gotten older, I've also become a bit more challenging, and sometimes even prideful.
That is why I say that I laugh that God has brought this up. Recently I've become a bit "too big for my britches" and had to be put in my place, and my boss came up to me and said, "I'm just trying to coach you along in some areas where you can improve" OUCH! Talk about wounded pride, but oh-so-necessary! And so, thanks to everyone in my life who has ever coached me, whether or not I wanted it at that exact moment. And thanks, ladies, for reminding me that I need to be "teachable"
I find it amusing how God will bring up things in my lives (I pluralize it because they don't all mix together at times, no matter how hard I try, and thus I feel like I'm leading multiple lives sometimes!) at just the time when I'm getting a bit too comfortable with where I'm at.
I, too, have had many coaching experiences (both literally and figuratively). Like Di, I have appreciated them all, regardless of whether or not I actually got along with that particular coach. I never really thought about the fact that a person has to actually be willing to be coached, and that's partially because I've always been the type of person who enjoys a little bit of coaching in my life (albeit painful at times, in retrospect, it's always beneficial and thus worthwhile!)
My report cards in elementary school almost always read the same 2 things: "Amy is very chatty in class" and "Amy is very teachable". I never really appreciated those comments until recently! Although, as I've gotten older, I've also become a bit more challenging, and sometimes even prideful.
That is why I say that I laugh that God has brought this up. Recently I've become a bit "too big for my britches" and had to be put in my place, and my boss came up to me and said, "I'm just trying to coach you along in some areas where you can improve" OUCH! Talk about wounded pride, but oh-so-necessary! And so, thanks to everyone in my life who has ever coached me, whether or not I wanted it at that exact moment. And thanks, ladies, for reminding me that I need to be "teachable"
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home