WANTED: Seasoned Coach, must have patience
One thing I have most longed for is to have a coach or a mentor. I usually go at things alone, just God and I. I have had a few coaches migrate in and out of my life for brief periods of time. The only time I had a true, substantial, spiritual, emotional and teaching coach was when I became a christian at the age of 16. Neither of my parents were saved at the time and I only had my sister to talk with. A couple at my church took me in as their spiritual daughter. I thrived under their direction and support. I truly believe I would not be the person I am today with out them. I wouldn't have the same intimate relationship I have now and I wouldn't still be in ministry if it weren't for them. I have held on to the things they have taught me for the past seventeen years. I can still remember their prayers for me. The memories of their love for the Lord and for me are as fresh as ever.
Since then, I have not had anyone be that type of coach. I have been to Bible school and graduate school. Also, I have worked in the same church for fifteen years but not had a true coach. I have had the privilege and honor of being a coach to many and I have had many "cheerleader" friends around me. However, I still find myself in need of mentorship. The past seven months have been awesome! I have found myself surrounded by awesome men and women of God. I am ready to embrace this new chapter and find a coach to challenge, engage and help whip me into shape for the road ahead. I look forward to being pushed, trained and mentored.
I wanted to share a quote about coaching and mentorship that has stayed with me through the years. It's just something I keep in the back of my mind.
"We teach what we know, reproduce what we are." -author unknown.
Blessings,
Tabi
Since then, I have not had anyone be that type of coach. I have been to Bible school and graduate school. Also, I have worked in the same church for fifteen years but not had a true coach. I have had the privilege and honor of being a coach to many and I have had many "cheerleader" friends around me. However, I still find myself in need of mentorship. The past seven months have been awesome! I have found myself surrounded by awesome men and women of God. I am ready to embrace this new chapter and find a coach to challenge, engage and help whip me into shape for the road ahead. I look forward to being pushed, trained and mentored.
I wanted to share a quote about coaching and mentorship that has stayed with me through the years. It's just something I keep in the back of my mind.
"We teach what we know, reproduce what we are." -author unknown.
Blessings,
Tabi
1 Comments:
Thanks for sharing, Tabi, and for the reminder: we are never too old or spiritual to need a coach.
Post a Comment
<< Home