Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Short-comings...

As soon as I started reading Di's challenge, I knew I was going to hate it. I hate being honest about my struggles. That is my area of weakness. I grew up very self-conscience and I soon realized that I could mask a lot of that by pretending I was fine. I became very good at masking my true self and keeping my struggles hidden. I find it hard to be honest about my short-comings both with myself and with others. I know I am very lacking in many areas, but I don't want others to know that. I guess I need to work more on allowing myself to be humbled and open around others. It's scary but not as scary as becoming like Uzziah. I was brought to tears by the thought of sheltering my struggles from others for so long that I would become so hard and proud like Uzziah.

First, I pray God would continue to show me what he wants to cleanse from my life. Second, I would be humble enough to share those things with others and not be afraid of exposing myself to others who only want the best for me. Third, God would eradicate this fear I have of others and their opinion of me and that only His opinion would matter. Lastly, I pray God would consume us all with His love and grace as He perfects us into His image.

Blessings Sisters and Friends,
Tabi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home