Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank You

Thank you Teri, for sharing, and thank you Cheryl for reminding me about the Word for You Today. I picked one up the other day and decided to just flip through for some inspiration on a tough day and not only did I find something that pertained to what Di was talking about on Sunday, but also what I just posted about... Dying to self.

The word for December 11th was about having to kill off our self interests quoting "self-intrest won't just roll over and die, it must be "killed off for good. It's a constant battle because we've a tendency to cling to our own interests with a death grip." It goes on to talk about how "many times He'll leave you with a permanent reminder of how He managed to get through to you in an area where you were stubborn." ""Moses was...a powerful speaker" (Ac 7:22 CEV), but after he hit 'the big 40' and decided to do his own thing, an encounter with God left him with a stutter. A limp became Jacob's trademark. Even the Apostle Paul "was given...a handicap to keep [him] in...touch with [his] limitations" (2Co 12:7 TM)." Then it asks, "what is your handicap? The habit you battle or the fear that never leaves? "Why doesn't God just take it away?" you ask. Because anything that keeps you dependent on Him is a plus, not a minus."

It seriously feels like my constant fear may be that handicap they were just talking about, because that is what keeps me dependent on him. Granted, I don't want that fear to hold me back, and I am doing a few things just this week alone that are getting me past that, but having read that, I'm starting to feel more secure in that it's okay to be afraid, as long as we trust God and don't let that fear stop us. I'm sure David was afraid when he faced Goliath with nothing but a few rocks and a sling shot! But, David trusted the Lord and the Lord saw him through! How inspirational is that?!

I just wanted to share what inspired me today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home