Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trusting God

I have always had a difficult time with change. Whether it's good or bad doesn't seem to matter. I like familiarity in my surroundings and if things are disrupted I get a sinking feeling in my stomach, which is fear. My fear is usually that I'm not in control and that I may fail, or disappoint those around me.

Because of this fear, I am scared to make changes in my life that could actually be good for me. I know what I want my life to be like, but to get there I'll need to learn to trust GOD. In the past, I have put trust in people that are close to me and it has been broken, so maybe that's why its so hard for me to trust God. However, there are alot of people that have had their trust broken, yet they have trust in the Lord.

I was reminded in Mari's post that we are teaching our kids by the examples we set and I know I could do better in several areas. I don't want them to think that going to work is an unhappy place, or that by overreacting to certain situations (one happened tonight) is okay. I need to learn how to have faith and trust, and that everything will work out in the end, just as it should.

Teri

1 Comments:

Blogger Mari said...

Thank you Teri. Though it doesn't make me happy that you are also afraid, it comforts me to know I'm not alone! Thank you for sharing!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home