Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Thank You

Ladies, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who participated in this Bible study, and especially to Sonja and Di for your leadership. I have learned so much about God and what it means to have a relationship with him just by studying the fruits of the spirit. I also wanted to share a little praise report.


This time last year began a journey I would never have pictured myself on. Floyd asked me for a divorce on Valentine's Day 2007 and started a roller coaster of emotions. He didn't waste any time, the divorce was final in August 2007. I spent the last year trying to figure out what it means to really have a relationship with God. Through counselling and support groups and different churches I started to realize how important relationship is. I ended up at Canyon Creek and immediately loved the openness and friendliness and I did all I could to wiggle my way in to create some sort of relationship with the people of this church. I have been blessed ten times over to find the friends I did.


This month alone I have been blessed even more. A friend went with me to try to trade in my truck on February 12th. I was looking at the Nissan XTerra, something I've been wanting for a long time. Well, It didn't look like the numbers would work, so I went to see what I could to do refinance my truck. Well, BECU couldn't refinance without a huge hunk of change ($4000) but did approve me for an auto loan. So, I decided to take that loan approval back to the dealer and see what they could do. I talked to God for quite a bit that Saturday morning (Feb 23) and asked him to just meet a couple of goals if I couldn't have the XTerra, lower payments, better gas mileage, and get Floyd off my loan. When I got to the dealership I saw a cute little Sentra - I'm not one for cars, mind you, but I figured this could work. So I drove it and decided it was okay and I gave up on the XTerra. Guess what...not so fast. The numbers didn't work on the car! Ugh. A little bummed, I figured it wasn't in the cards, so I told the guy I was more interested in the XTerra anyway and I saw a little light bulb above his head. I knew exactly which XTerra popped into his head. The very one I was looking at on the 12th! It was an '08, but had been used for 2 months and brought back because it wasn't 4x4. Well... six and a half hours later, I was driving off in a new car, an XTerra! Those numbers should never have worked in my favor, but God wanted to give me what I wanted, I guess! So, I got the car I wanted, lower payments, a little better gas mileage, and Floyd off my loan! God is Great!

That's not all! I decided about a month ago to start school for Exercise Science and Nutrition to get into Personal Training and thought I would work my current job while I finished school. Through your encouragement throughout this study and my own desire not to live in fear, Wednesday the 20th I decided (or God put it on my heart) I didn't want to work at my current job anymore and the very day I made a decision to seriously look for another job, one I would like, I got an email from the District Manager of 24 Hour Fitness. I had applied for a job there a few months ago, but was never contacted. He was just following up and told me to let him know if I had been contacted or not. I emailed him back informing I hadn't been and was interested in meeting with him. I started to compose an email with a prayer request about that job and and within 2 minutes, before I could finish my prayer request, I had an email from him telling me to call him the next day! Through a couple of phone interviews on the 21st we set up a face to face interview on the 26th. I had a good feeling about the interview, but didn't want to count my chickens, then I was offered a job as a personal trainer on the 29th! The perfect job for what my school schedule AND subject will be!


I just wanted to share what God has done in my life and hopefully offer some encouragement. I know He wants what's best for us, and if we give our lives to Him He will provide for us, and sometimes He even gives us what we ask for! God is great, and I wish I could have seen that much earlier in life, but I know I wouldn't have learned such a profound lesson! I do hope you all have a truly blessed week!

In Christ,

Mari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home