Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Introduction to: Preparing to Hear from God

I started working as a youth pastor in a Lutheran church in 1990. Brandon and I were married in 1992 and began working in ministry together immediately. After 16 or 18 years in ministry (depending on how you count them) I can tell you that one of the number one questions I have been asked is "How do I hear from God."

Throughout the years I have had numerous experiences in "hearing God." Though I am far from an expert, I have learned a few things along the way. At the top of my list would be the realization that hearing from God is not for the "super spiritual elite;" any of us should be able to hear from God. I want to position myself so that if He speaks I am ready to hear! And since one of the primary ways that God speaks to us through his Word, being in the Word is crucial. The more I know Him, the more I know His voice!

My heart for all of you, through this study, ("He Speaks to Me" and the book that follows: "Discerning the Voice of God) is that you will desire to know God more, you will desire to dig into his Word, you will grow in the confidence to know it is Him when He is speaking, and you will have the patience to wait on His voice.

If this sounds exciting to you (and I hope it does!) then let's jump in! Since the online Bible Study is new for many of you, let me take a minute to let you know what to expect.

Reading Assignments are posted on Fridays. Check your email for the reading assignment that will come to your inbox. Be sure to read any Bible verses listed in the assigned chapters!

Devotionals are posted on Mondays. These will come to your inbox as a devotional, followed by some action points for you. Some of those action points will be things for you to reflect on, study further or journal about, and some will be for you to RESPOND TO. To respond, you can click the link at the bottom of every post that comes to you and then login, or you can go to our blogsite: www.canyoncreekchicks.blogspot.com
Please respond as often as you can! Even if you are weeks late on your response, it is encouraging to Sonya and I as we lead, and to everyone else who is reading!

One more note. The blogsite allows for you to make comments, or posts. Only posts go to everyone's inbox, comments can only be seen if you go to the website.

So today was your introduction to preparing yourself to hear from God. You now have a whole week to get started on your reading. Please read pages 13 - 16 (sort of an introduction) and chapters 1 and 2.
If you do not have your book yet, read I Samuel chapter 3 and Matthew 19:14 and Matthew 18:4.

Preparing to hear from God,
Di

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home