Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Blending In With The Crowd Or Being Holy

I want to be set apart and be recognized by others around me that I'm a Christian! In the past though I let that desire keep me from letting others close to me, at least I think that's the reason. Maybe I had a "holier than thou" attitude, I'm not sure. Maybe I truly thought I was perfect, I really tried to be. But it really comes down to God's love and Grace- I can never be perfect until I'm in heaven with Jesus. So since that realization, which was when God healed me (almost 15 years ago), I have actually allowed people to get close to me and see my imperfections. In the last few years I've noticed that now I don't feel as "separated" from the crowd. I really want God's balance of being in the world but not of it. I question whether I am being all I can be for Him. And I think it really comes back down to "how much time" am I devoting to sitting at His feet, hearing from Him. I tend to be the "Martha" and not the "Mary". In reading chapter ten in the book I was reminded- again- that God longs for us to sit at His feet and take in all He has for us. I'm so thankful for His love. In the midst of our trials I can think back on the history I have with Him, providing for me, helping me, keeping me, loving me, forgiving me. He has been there every time!! He's my breath and life.

Thank you Di and Sonya for this bible study- it keeps me coming back to a place where I can hear from God. A reminder to "be still" and trust God!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home