Brand new to our church, this is Liz McAdoo's post, I am passing it on for her:
A long time ago I had a dream and when I woke up from the dream I asked God if it was from Him and what it meant if so. I wrote down the answer he gave me and I felt like it was for “the church” as well as myself. I wrote: “You are in a drought, a spiritual emotional relational financial drought, because you strive to obtain and maintain worthless things like leisure comfort greed instead of maintaining and improving the dwelling place of the Lord inside of you. You are not satisfied because my house is in ruins. Tend to the house you have for me in your heart and you will begin to harvest the fruit of your labor. You will be content and my light will shine through you. You will not want. You will have peace.” Again, that was like a year ago. Then today when I read your post, the first thought in my mind was “hey, I have something about that in my journal,” followed by an immediate, “that’s in the bible?” Obviously, I don’t pour over Haggai very often. How cool!
It also spoke to some of the struggles I’ve been going through with “my calling.” The areas that God has gifted me in and those that He has touched my heart with seem out of my reach right now. The joy has gone out of my serving and I end up either tired or feeling really insecure. Now, I also come from a background that says, “if you don’t feel lead, get the lead out,” so needless to say there is a battle going on. I also feel a VERY strong leading from the Lord to get on my face a lot these days. I’m ashamed to admit I am often too distracted or wrapped up in the current emotion to heed it. I can only trust that when I do obey, He will meet me there, He will use what I little I have to give to Him, and that He will give me the strength I don’t have right now. I want to be content. I want His light to shine through me, and I want to have peace. So, this is what I’m going to work on – seeking Him, leaving the work of my hands in His, and not letting my fears dictate my obedience.
Thanks for sharing with me (okay all of us). I thought I’d step out there and share a little too.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home