Finding a balance...
If I were to rate myself on the distraction scale, I would rate pretty close to the top. I have to struggle so hard to discipline myself to stay on task...I swear I have some form of adult ADD! I will have all the good intentions of taking time to "be still" and then I find myself folding one more load of laundry, putting one more load of dishes in the dishwasher or some other chore that could wait until I spend time with Him.
On the service level, I would say that I am pretty close to the top. Unfortunately, that can be bad too! I will serve so much that I do it to the detriment of my spiritual relationship, marital relationship or that of my children and friends. I find that it always comes down to balance and finding the right amount of time to be still and listen to what the Lord has to say and the right amount of time to serve in the church or community. We are called to do both, but too much of a good thing can be bad too. But what a blessing when you hear God speaking to you and when you serve and realize that He is using you to be a blessing to others...its worth the discipline to find the time!
On the service level, I would say that I am pretty close to the top. Unfortunately, that can be bad too! I will serve so much that I do it to the detriment of my spiritual relationship, marital relationship or that of my children and friends. I find that it always comes down to balance and finding the right amount of time to be still and listen to what the Lord has to say and the right amount of time to serve in the church or community. We are called to do both, but too much of a good thing can be bad too. But what a blessing when you hear God speaking to you and when you serve and realize that He is using you to be a blessing to others...its worth the discipline to find the time!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home