Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

A life of love...

I would have to say my level of distraction varies. It seems that my focus or mind gets busy with everyday stuff but then God is faithful to woo me to himself. I have made it a mandate in my life to find time with Him during the day, no matter what happens. I have to set aside time for Him. If I don't, I feel empty and I usually fail or fall flat on my face. I do however feel the need to intensify my time with Him and make it more consistent.

My level of service is high. I love to serve. I feel so much closer to Jesus when I do. I used to doubt my calling from God because I didn't feel worthy, in fact I felt useless. I'm not exceptionally talented or gifted. I did however discover a powerful truth: I didn't have to be. Jesus wants me (odd enough) and just with a willing heart. I really didn't have much to offer Him to use, except my heart. I have found that through Him I can love people. I'm not always good at that either but He can do it through me. In Ephesians 5:1-2 it says, "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." I figure if He can do that for me, I can at least serve by loving people and love people by serving them. And in doing that, I draw closer to Him and become more like Him.

Blessings,
Tabi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home