Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Reading Assignment

I am guilty of not getting my book yet and so I haven’t started the great read. But I do have my bible and did read the book of Habakkuk. Thank you Heather for such an awesome post. What I really took from Habakkuk is how willing and patient he was. So sure in ch 3:19 “The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains.” Something that I am experiencing right now and standing in prayer for is: I am currently involved in the new fusion group that is doing Community Outreach. We went to a ministry called Special Delivery today. This is a Christian pro-life home that houses young women who are facing un-planned pregnancies. For the last year I have driven past this location and wanted to stop and see how I could participate. I was a very young mother and I usually do not like to talk about that time in my life because I was so young and I have always felt somewhat embarrassed of having my daughter so young. (Whom which I am very proud of and would not trade for anythingJ) I always knew that if I volunteered with this ministry it would mean that I would have to talk about my experiences and this kept me from stepping up. When the opportunity came up with our fusion group to help an organization I quickly mentioned Special Delivery, I actually surprised myself because before I knew it I was letting the group know that I too was a young single mom and felt compassion for this ministry. I have been praying for God to work and lead me in this area. I am trying to be patient and obedient to where this is going. I know that God placed this ministry on my heart a year ago and know that I was avoiding it. So know I am holding still and being obedient, I am a bit nervous because I find myself stepping out in a way I never have before but I am finding that God Has already been moving in this situation! Dalia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home