Confirmation Through Scripture
The whole struggling with dating websites thing may seem silly to some of you, but it's quite bothersome for me. I really felt distracted. I felt so ready to be in a relationship, only one thing was missing...a godly man. Well, was I going to find him on the Internet? I've made one friend over one of the sites, and met a couple at church who also met through that same site. Of course, I met my ex husband online as well... So, what was making me think it would be any different this time? I couldn't start my day without checking up on each website. I was consumed, it was like an addiction. Yes, I said "was". I talked to a woman who's becoming like a mother to me. My mentor at Cedar Park church. No ladies, I'm not cheating on Canyon Creek :) she leads DivorceCare down there, and she's walked me through one of the darkest times in my life. I spoke with her about this situation and how I felt distracted and was of no benefit to anyone, and she suggested that perhaps I felt distracted because God was trying to tell me that's not where I'll meet my guy. She reminded me that God was opening all these open doors in front of me, with everything I'm getting involved in, and the Lord may want me to meet someone the "old fashioned way". So, that night, I wrote about it in my prayer journal, I prayed, and I turned to scripture. Two nights earlier I was drawn to 1st Peter, and read the whole thing. I did get sucked in, but nothing in particular had "jumped out". That night I read it again, and this time 1 Peter 1:13 jumped out at me, "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given to you when Jesus Christ is revealed." In regards to the websites, I have kept this passage in my heart every time I feel an urge to log in, which I actually haven't for about 2 weeks. (Celebrate small victories).
Moving on in 1Peter I came to 1Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." I wasn't sure why this one stuck out, but it did. Well, as it turns out, ladies poker night was the next day and I invited my co-worker (a non-believer). She lives near me, so I picked her up and we drove together. As it turns out she was VERY eager to hear "my story" so I gave her my testimony. That may have been a little awkward had I not just read about being prepared to give an answer... She is still adamant about not believing in God, but I will continue to pray for her, and hope that my testimony planted a seed in her heart.
I hope you are all hearing the Word of God! Many blessings to you all!
Mari
Moving on in 1Peter I came to 1Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." I wasn't sure why this one stuck out, but it did. Well, as it turns out, ladies poker night was the next day and I invited my co-worker (a non-believer). She lives near me, so I picked her up and we drove together. As it turns out she was VERY eager to hear "my story" so I gave her my testimony. That may have been a little awkward had I not just read about being prepared to give an answer... She is still adamant about not believing in God, but I will continue to pray for her, and hope that my testimony planted a seed in her heart.
I hope you are all hearing the Word of God! Many blessings to you all!
Mari
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home