Just one word...
Yesterday's reading was meant just for me (yes, I'm behind) when Priscilla used Isaiah 43:18-19... Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert; be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is!
Isaiah 43:18-19
Isaiah 43:18-19
I am dealing with end of life issues with my father right now which brings out lots of old history - some brings a warm smile and some brings extreme stress and sadness.
Di's post today struck a cord when she said "...just one word". That's what I needed to hear. Just one word can lift you out of any circumstance. A friend of mine wrote a song that says "With just one word that You speak, my mind is filled with your peace. In every word that You speak, Your power flows unto me. Just one word and the darkness must flee."And that brings me back to the scripture verse.
It was just the "one word" I needed to hear to take me outside my circumstance and put the focus back on Him.
This scripture spoke to me so deeply that I've forwarded it to my family as we face things that seemingly force us to rehash old history, just to let them know that He is "...about to do something brand-new."
So, now my heavy heart is expectant for the brand-new thing that is coming!
Thank you, Di, for the reminder that all it takes is "one word".
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home