Fatherly Love
Hey Ladies,
While there are details I'm not at place to share at this time, I have so much to be thankful for in our Heavenly Father.
My mother was 38 when she passed away, my dad was 44 then. At that time they had been together 24 years, married for 20. While they had their ups and downs and separated and reunited a few times, I believe they loved each other. My dad only had eyes for my mom - when she died he took it very hard, and he tried to find comfort inside a bottle. My siblings and I pretty much agree we lost both of our parents that day.
My dad worked a lot when I was young and he wasn't around much. Well, when my mom passed I was 12 , and I was the 3rd of 4 children. My older brother and sister were 18 and 16 and my little brother was 11. So, imagine how a man must feel when the love of his life is gone, and he is not only forced to be home more as a father, but a single father, and to top it off, the father of 2 teenagers, and 2 preteens... My dad was lost. So very lost.
As an impressionable young woman a healthy relationship with her father sets her up for healthy relationships with men in the future. Well... as you can imagine, an unhealthy relationship sets her up for unhealthy future relationships. I did not know anything about God when I was growing up. I had no idea I could have a Father-daughter relationship with Him. It wasn't until my unhealthy marriage ended (the end of a string of unhealthy relationships stemming from an unhealthy relationship with my father) was I made aware of His unconditional love and omnipresence.
Today at church Christian's message hit my heart pretty hard. I have been spending so much time doing "other things" that weren't really productive at all, just wasting time, I could have been spending time building my healthy relationship with my heavenly Father. My dad passed away in 2003, so fixing my relationship with him is not going to happen, but now I have God and a clean slate. I honestly feel like my whole life was wiped away when I met the Lord. I truly feel as if I am an infant again and my Father is holding me when I'm scared, encouraging me when I have good ideas, gently correcting me when I start down the wrong path, and allowing me to learn from the mistakes I make when I, for whatever reason, defy Him. The best part is, He has my whole life in His hands, He knows where I'll be, what I'll do and He knows what mistakes I'm going to make before I make them. So, now I know my Dad will find out if I'm not doing what I'm supposed to, and better yet, I know He cares!
I'd like to look forward to the positive effects my relationship with my heavenly Father will have on everything yet to come! And to build and strengthen that relationship, I'm going to spend more time with God.
While there are details I'm not at place to share at this time, I have so much to be thankful for in our Heavenly Father.
My mother was 38 when she passed away, my dad was 44 then. At that time they had been together 24 years, married for 20. While they had their ups and downs and separated and reunited a few times, I believe they loved each other. My dad only had eyes for my mom - when she died he took it very hard, and he tried to find comfort inside a bottle. My siblings and I pretty much agree we lost both of our parents that day.
My dad worked a lot when I was young and he wasn't around much. Well, when my mom passed I was 12 , and I was the 3rd of 4 children. My older brother and sister were 18 and 16 and my little brother was 11. So, imagine how a man must feel when the love of his life is gone, and he is not only forced to be home more as a father, but a single father, and to top it off, the father of 2 teenagers, and 2 preteens... My dad was lost. So very lost.
As an impressionable young woman a healthy relationship with her father sets her up for healthy relationships with men in the future. Well... as you can imagine, an unhealthy relationship sets her up for unhealthy future relationships. I did not know anything about God when I was growing up. I had no idea I could have a Father-daughter relationship with Him. It wasn't until my unhealthy marriage ended (the end of a string of unhealthy relationships stemming from an unhealthy relationship with my father) was I made aware of His unconditional love and omnipresence.
Today at church Christian's message hit my heart pretty hard. I have been spending so much time doing "other things" that weren't really productive at all, just wasting time, I could have been spending time building my healthy relationship with my heavenly Father. My dad passed away in 2003, so fixing my relationship with him is not going to happen, but now I have God and a clean slate. I honestly feel like my whole life was wiped away when I met the Lord. I truly feel as if I am an infant again and my Father is holding me when I'm scared, encouraging me when I have good ideas, gently correcting me when I start down the wrong path, and allowing me to learn from the mistakes I make when I, for whatever reason, defy Him. The best part is, He has my whole life in His hands, He knows where I'll be, what I'll do and He knows what mistakes I'm going to make before I make them. So, now I know my Dad will find out if I'm not doing what I'm supposed to, and better yet, I know He cares!
I'd like to look forward to the positive effects my relationship with my heavenly Father will have on everything yet to come! And to build and strengthen that relationship, I'm going to spend more time with God.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home