Canyon Creek Chicks

The Women's ministry of Canyon Creek Church is full of busy moms and working women, but we believe in the importance and the power of studying the Word of God! This Bible Study is about growth, empowering, freedom and purpose. Join us as we study Scripture and are moved and changed by God.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I just wanted to share something about feeling God speak to me. Yesterday I was having a rough day. I homeschool my 5 year old daughter and I also have a 4 year old and a toddler. My health has been bad lately. I just went through a long bought with bronchitis and yesterday, I had a sinus headache that was making me feel aweful. All in the midst of this, I am supposed to be teaching Kindergarten to my daughter. Yesterday I was feeling overwhelmed and when my husband got home, I started telling him how we better figure out how to put her in school next year because it's too much. My thoughts were, "why does everybody else just put their kids in school without a second thought but I feel like I MUST homeschool?" Then I picked up my bible study book and started reading... and what does it say? "The women God leads to homeschool will be guided by the Holy Spirit to steer clear of traditional means of schooling." Hmmm... you think God is trying to tell me something? The reason I am homeschooling is not just because it's some whim of mine. God has called me to do it. When we were getting ready to start our daughter in Kindergarten, we prayed and felt God leading us to homeschool. I knowHe doesn't call everyone to do it but for our family, it's what He wants. I just thought it was very encouraging because I know that God's going to give me strength to do what he's called me to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home